New Century Advisors’ market commentaries offer a unique and insightful perspective on capital markets topics.
- We see opportunity as US Treasury yields are highest in over 10 years; we also see value in spread sectors.
- We see the risks to the negotiations skewed toward a relatively benign outcome, but believe that the upside/downside to risk/markets is skewed negatively. See our views in this article on various debt ceiling scenarios and how we're positioned.
- Given the current market and economic backdrop, which can fairly be characterized by uncertainty, geopolitical instability and rising recession odds, short duration bonds offer a wealth of opportunities.
- Our take on the latest CPI print, in pictures.
- Given the importance that the inflation outlook has on the monetary policy outlook and on financial markets more broadly, it’s important to understand exactly what TIPS prices are telling us.
- Public demand for products and services that help reverse climate change is unquestionably admirable, and perhaps a defining social movement for the next few decades. For corporations, there will be many challenges, especially as green pledges come face-to-face with the realities of their supply chains, including for commodities like copper.
- Thanks in part to an expected recovery in inflation, the Fed will grapple with the decision of when to taper their asset purchases – possibly as soon as later this year.
- SPAC Formation has Exploded - How Important is this Trend?
- Compelling Opportunities Remain in Certain Sectors and Fallen Angels
March 2019: Auto Loan Myth, Index Changes & M&A Fallout: Market Notes
February 2019: Value, Inflation, Australia: Market Notes
January 2019: Looming Fed Pause & Other Market Notes
July 2018: The US Agg - More Risk / Less Diversity
May 2018: Why Does my TIPS ETF Have a Negative Return?
January 2018: Tax Reform Impact on the Credit Markets
November 2017: Flatter Curve Ahead
November 2017: Powell New Fed Chair
October 2017: CPI - Hurricane Headline vs. Calm Core
September 2017: Inflation Gets Back on Track
September 2017: Fed Slims Down
August 2017 Inflation Dashboard - Global Inflation: Improvement
July 2017 Inflation Dashboard: Fronts Collide
June 2017 Inflation Dashboard: Patience Challenged as Risks Mount
May 2017 Inflation Dashboard: Fundamentals Call for Patience
Looking for the Fat Pitch
April 2017 Inflation Dashboard: Fundamentals vs. Technicals
January 2017: New Perspectives: Overdone?
March 2017 New Perspectives: Taking Advantage of Oil’s (Not-So) Surprising Downtrade